By: Michael Fox
To achieve our target of 30,000 Brisbane gardens by 2022 we are recruiting Pollinator Link® Heros to help.
Are you saying:
“I already have water, food and shelter in my garden for wildlife. So I don’t need to register as a Pollinator Link garden.”
You are already taking action. That is great … congratulations. However, we need your help to engage the wider community.
The core strategy is to build Pollinator Link® into a strong brand with high awareness that has marketing value for industry players like plant wholesalers, landscape architects and property developers.
Industry groups like Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) are already focused on the marketing value of proven sustainability with consumer focused projects like the EnviroDevelopment Consumer Guide.
“EnviroDevelopment is a scientifically based assessment scheme that independently reviews development projects and awards certification to those that achieve outstanding performance across six sustainability elements – Ecosystem, Waste, Energy, Materials, Water and Community.” UDIA EnviroDeveloment Consumer Guide
- Extensive green spaces for conservation and recreation.
- Landscaping in public areas that is tolerant to local conditions – meaning public areas and streetscapes that can look good year round.
- Opportunities to observe native animals.
- Locally native plants throughout your streets and parks.
- Opportunities to interact with nature, providing benefits to your wellbeing.
- Local waterways with good water quality that support a range of plant and animal species.
- Reduced air, noise and light pollution.
- Improved marketability of your home.
Building Pollinator Link® into a strong brand that has marketing value to property developers will increase our ability to influence provision of wildlife corridors, local plant species, water for wildlife and nest boxes in green spaces and parks.
How can you help?
You already have a water, food and shelter in your garden so the next step is to register your Pollinator Link® garden and display your fence sign.
Then become a Pollinator Link® Hero
Sign up another ten gardens and/or join the promotion team giving talks to schools, kindergartens or community groups. When you become a Hero you will receive your own quality polo shirt with our Blue-banded Bee mascot embroidered on the chest.